” Oh my God, Oh my God!”
That was my reaction when I entered JX International Convection and Exhibition this afternoon. I was awed by the huge number of books in every spaces there! Once you entered, you will find children books on your left, and then fiction, non fiction, romance, literature, if you go straight ahead. If you love to cooks and doing craft, just go to your right. Beside the enormous number of books available in English, the price is definitely a winner compared to another exhibition.
This book exhibition is organized by The Big Bad Wolf Indonesia, and will take places from October 20-31th. I was so excited to hear this event happen in Surabaya, because usually it will takea place in Jakarta or Singapore or Malaysia. So, thank you for the organizers to bring this event to my city! Once I heard there will be this event, I directly register for a membership online. The advantages? more discounts and you got a chance to participate in Preview Sale today. It means, you got a hand in buying the best books available first!
I was so happy this afternoon and I didn’t realize that I spent 6 hours there, looking for books and adding my wish list chart to be bought tomorrow. You can find popular books like Hunger Games trilogy only Rp 155.000! it is so cheap! Usually you will these books around Rp 400.000-500.000 rupiah. The Maze Runner series that cost you only for Rp 160.000, the popular fantasy Percy Jackson for Rp 80.000, and many more. Actually, I want to spend more money on books, however I only have cash. The committee have some regulation that the limit for cash paying is Rp 150.000, so better prepared your credit or debit card.
To close my experience today, I will give you some tips to maximize your experience.
- Use public transportation to go to JX International. The parking lot is full if you went there above 4 pm. So, better use Gojek or Uber. (They have partnership for Uber, so you can input the promotional code and you will get Rp 35.000 off).
- Use comfortable cloth and shoes, since you will move around many times.
- Bring your own mineral water. I was very thirsty after 5 hours looking for books. I have to stop like 30 minutes to go upstairs and buying drink. Moreover, I need to leave my books downstairs :-(.
- Always prepare your credit card or debit card. They have limitations for cash. So, prepare it.
- For bank Mandiri user, you can use your credit card, fiesta poin, or e-cash for extra 20% discount. Wow, amazing right?
- If you decide to buy 30 books or more, bring your own suitcase or cardboard for saving the books.
Those are the tips from me, don’t forget mind your behaviour there! It’s a public place, respect the others and keep the book on their place. Don’t move it around if you don’t buy it.